2012 in 30 seconds 2012 in 30 seconds

Awesome

This is an example of comedic timing.

The drawing aren't supposed to be absolutely amazing and given the 5 hours it took to animate this is spectacular.

Dad's at Work Dad's at Work

This is awesome

This is indescribably awesome! These random and inexplicable acts of violence have a humour to them I have not experienced before.

The Life of Something The Life of Something

That was strange

While that was really bad there was something strangely enjoyable about it.

Combine Madness Combine Madness

A couple things

You need to let players go to the next level or start the next level without the mouse. Constantly grabbing it to click next and start is annoying.

You also have a bug: if you are holding the up key (accelerate) before the level starts your car won't go forward unless you re-press it.

create your madness create your madness

Could have been good, but...

Too many bugs. I couldn't let go of things.

Pico's School Pico's School

Yeargh

Great game. I couldn't find the teacher's key though. Looked EVERYWHERE and couldn't find it.

I'd Rather Be Flying (RM) I'd Rather Be Flying (RM)

Good, but....

It was good, but I took 5 points off because:

A. It was made with computer loops
B. I've heard this chord progression too many times.

Turning-Japanese responds:

To be honest, I don't think either of those are very good reasons to think badly of a song. I usually judge a song by how enjoyable it is to listen to, and not by how difficult it was for the artist to create. I'm a fan of novel chord progressions too, but to condemn a song for following classic progressions is, in my opinion, downright elitist.
As a physics major interested in music, I've taken an aside to learn a bit about why certain frequencies are consonant to the human ear, and it's no suprise that the I, IV, iv and V chords share mathematical properties that have pushed them to the forefront of interest in many cultures throughout history. I don't appreciate them any less for their banality in the eyes of others.

I also might point out that writing scores for the donzens of instruments heard here, slaving their velocity and mastering it all are hardly simple tasks to undertake (despite "computer looping"). The bridge also added a fairly complex departure from the chord pattern.

I will still thank you of course for your honesty. I could care less about being scored badly, as long as your reasons are honest and taken seriously.

If unique progressions are your thing, I encourage you to check out "Medley", "The Spanish Laureate" or perhaps "Halloween Piano Score". Maybe one of those will be up your alley.

Thinking In Slow Motion Thinking In Slow Motion

Wow

You sure gave me something to aspire to. For that thank I you profoundly. You deserve the top ranking song.

eaten alive on a sunny day. eaten alive on a sunny day.

I enjoyed it

Well it was really good for something made with a computer, but for me to give anything higher than a 7 has to be made from scratch with instruments.

I gave the song a 5/5 though, to help it along in its early stages.

Keep making stuff, you only get better!